As we look out our windows from Pinehurst Inn, the glorious sun today is making the fall leaves more intense and brilliant. This is definitely my favorite time of year up here. Some brief comments on Bayfield and the Apostle Islands in the fall…
- Lake Superior becomes a glittering jewel in the fall. The deep blue water contrasting the colorful shoreline is amazing.
- Sailing in the fall can be amazing as we typically have more wind in the fall. (Check out our Dreamcatcher Sailing Package – we still have a few weeks of sailing left!).
- Hiking opportunities abound. We will gladly provide some wonderful options for your hiking pleasure.
- The Bayfield Orchards are still going full steam – this year’s apple crop has been outstanding with a huge variety of apples still available. Combine the orchard tour with a great bike ride. Check out the Bayfield Orchards Weekly update.
- Stores are eager to continue to see visitors in a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Madeline Island awaits you. The Madeline Island Ferry continues at a slightly reduced schedule, but still frequent enough to make a visit to the island work.
Just a few ideas for you to consider. Our Fall Harvest Midweek Special continues through the end of October. As always, Bayfield & Pinehurst Inn are eager to welcome you!