Bayfield and the Apostle Islands are a favorite destination in the summer months. But have you considered Bayfield in winter?
As we approach December, the snow is coming down (LOVE the lake effect snow!) and we all shift to a different mind set: let’s enjoy winter! So we offer here Part I of the Top Ten Ways to Experience Pinehurst Inn & Bayfield in the Winter.
- Embrace the snow. Let’s start with XC Skiing. Grooming already started at Mt. Ashwabay Recreation area offering over 40KM of beautiful, groomed trails (just up the hill from Pinehurst Inn, BTW).
- Holiday shopping in Bayfield offers the same wonderful galleries and shops. A slower pace. Take the time to chat with the people, many of whom create the beautiful items you may be purchasing for your loved ones.
- Reading. Yeah, I know you can read anywhere. But can you go into a local bookstore, find regional authors who know and love Lake Superior and its coastal communities? Take that book back to your great space at Pinehurst Inn and relax by the fire or in the sauna!
- Performance. Uniquely local arts. Ranging from Wassail Dinners to Stagenorth – you will be amazed at the regional talent. Combine this with a good dinner and you’re set.
- Embrace the snow. Yes, I know. We already mentioned the skiing, but now we move up to dog sledding. The opportunity for adventure awaits with Wolfsong Adventures in Mushing. Of course, the Pinehurst Inn / Wolfsong Package is strongly recommended.
There is more. But we don’t want t overload. Stay tuned for Part II.