April is here and we are busily preparing Pinehurst Inn for the busy spring-summer-fall season in Bayfield. Paint brushes, cleaning supplies, new towel orders and more all for the enjoyment of our guests coming to play in Bayfield and the Apostle Islands.
And for those of us who reside in Bayfield year round, there are a number of other sure signs of spring:
- The sound and sight of the Madeline Island Ferry crashing through the ice on their trips between Bayfield and Madeline Island.
- The UPS trucks go from the standard size up to mega long as they make larger deliveries in anticipation of busier days.
- Big Water Cafe & Coffee Roasters is open 7 days a week! But Maggies takes a week or two to close for cleaning.
- The black bears visit our yards, porches and other places as they come out of hibernation.
- The ongoing announcements about the upcoming Big Top Chautauqua schedule for the coming summer.
- The return of familiar seasonal business owners who’ve been in warmer climates over the long winter months – many with grimaces as the feel the “cool” spring breezes coming off the lake!
Whatever the sign, we are excited to see a bit more activity and anticipation of the spring.
What is your favorite sign of spring?